Monday, November 26, 2012

DAIRY-FREE FRENCH TOAST

I Love this french toast! It is so simple, quick and clean eating.   

This was one of the foods that was off my list when I stop eating eggs.  

As you can see it can be done.  This recipe is so easy a child can do it. 



What you'll need:
1. Spelt Bread (Trader Joes)
2. Coconut Milk (Thai Kitchen)
3. Pure Maple Syrup
4. Berries (optional)

I prefer to use a teflon (eco-friendly) skillet so I don't need to cook with oil.  Pre-heat the skillet medium hot.   Shake well coconut milk and pour a small amount on plate.  Dip the bread quickly on both sides and place in the heated skillet. Cook each side to your liking. I prefer
crisp edges. For those who like butter, try a small pat of coconut oil and then drizzle with maple syrup. Eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment