Saturday, November 17, 2012

Abu's Chickpea Stew


My 11 year old son loves to cook. He made this chickpea stew.  It is quick, simple and melt in your mouth delicious.   He surprised me one busy work day with this lunch.  I tell him he can’t cook without me in the kitchen, he didn’t listen ---I wasn’t too angry after I sat down to eat.  The boy can cook.  



His recipe:
2 cans of organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 can stewed tomatoes  or 3 ripe plum tomatoes
1 small onion
1 stalk celery
2 key limes or 1/2 of large lime
1 tsp of olive oil
2 tlbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp Obay season
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste

 In saucepan heat oil,  add cut up chunks of tomato , onion, celery add spices. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add chickpeas. Let simmer for 15 minutes, add lime juice and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment