Sunday, October 28, 2012

Roasted Squash

Summer squash seems to grow overnight so when my garden was overflowing with squash I had to give it away and get creative in cooking it.  I found steaming and sauteed squash to be okay but roasting is my favorite.  I prefer to roast yellow and zucchini squash to take away the bitter taste. Since it cooks down, all that squash won't go to waste.  This is a staple which I put over organic yellow grits for breakfast, quinoa  for lunch or naan bread for a snack.  It is quick clean eating and reheats fine the next day.

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.  In large bowl add olive oil, sea salt and thyme, toss veggies to lightly coat with oil.
 Try to keep the same size so it cooks evenly.

Spread layer on a cookie sheet and cook for 15-25 minutes until golden on the edges.
Onions cook faster, so to avoid burning add 10 minutes before finish or cut larger than the squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment