Tuesday, December 25, 2012

CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING


This was a dessert for today’s dinner.  No dairy, no eggs! I have childhood memories of chocolate pudding, but when I stopped eating dairy, pudding was no longer an option.  So when I stumbled upon Chef Marcus Samuelsson’s website www.marcussamuelsson.com and he had a non-dairy chocolate pudding recipe made with avocado I was certainly game to try it.  It is now a dessert staple in my home.  We can make this in 10 minutes top. Anyway, I simplified the recipe to include staple ingredients you always have on hand. Enjoy! 

 You will need: (2 servings)

1 large ripe avocado
1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1 tablespoon water (optional to make more creamy)
2 tablespoon unsweeten cocoa (chocolate) powder  (add more if you like more chocolate)
Optional - You can top with shredded coconut.

In a small food processor or blender (or by hand), puree avocado and maple syrup until smooth.  Add water, cocoa powder and vanilla and continue pulsing until creamy.  

If serving later put in the fridge until ready to serve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment